Dermcare Malaseb Medicated Shampoo is registered to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and is an aid in the treatment of Dermatophytosis
Seborrhoeic Dermatitis is a skin infection involving bacteria (Staphylococcus) and yeast (Malassezia). Dermatophytosis is a fungal infection which is more commonly known as “ringworm”.
It is normal for animals to have low numbers of resident bacteria and yeast on the skin surface. When there is a disruption to the skin’s natural ecosystem these bacteria and yeast can overgrow, leading to skin disease.
How does Dermcare Malaseb help?
- Kills the micro-organisms, helping to keep the numbers of yeast and bacteria at manageable levels
- Removes excess scale and oils, commonly produced when the skin is infected
- Removes allergens such as pollens, which can be present on the coat or skin, causing irritation
Directions for use
- Wet the hair thoroughly with clean water
- Apply Dermcare Malaseb shampoo to your pet at several points and massage in to create a lather
- Using a sponge may assist with producing a lather and with penetration through the coat. The sponge also holds water which again helps to ensure the coat is adequately wet during application
- Leave the shampoo on for 10 minutes